MP 502/17 DBA - SQL Developer
Fantastic opportunity for a professional DBA / SQL Developer to join this Blue Chip Life Assurance company and take the reins as a team leader within the Infrastructure Team.
-Database performance: Play an influential role in monitoring and tuning of company databases to ensure performant and operational databases. Report and advise on performance bottlenecks and suggested solutions.
- Operations and Support: Resolve systems issues related to database malfunction. Document issues and analyse usage in order to put in place preventative measures to reduce downtime.
- Methods and Procedures: Provide significant input into the development, improvement and implementation of effective methods and procedures relating to: Database design, maintenance and use / Data storage and backup strategy / Database recovery policy and DR procedures / Database access and user privileges / Data protection, encryption and disposal.
- Governance: Periodically review company procedures related to the storage, access, disposal and use of data in order to ensure compliance with policy. Provide significant input into the governance of databases. Provide usage and KPI reporting as required.
- Colleague Mentoring and Development: Aid in the education of developers responsible for writing databases access code to ensure they are competent and aware of best practices to reduce the risk of underperforming code.
- Technical Expertise: Develop and maintain a strong level of technical knowledge relating to database administration.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a DBA
- MCSA Qualified
- TSQL development & tuning
- Database Theory
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Desirable: Related Degree, or equivalent qualification
Sector: Information Technology
Expires: 28/09/2018Submit CV