MP 415/17 Accounts Assistant
An excellent opportunity within the Financial Reporting Team of our Leading Life Assurance Client.
-Posting of accurate transactions to correct business units;
- Contribution towards the production of monthly financial reports to internal and external bodies in an efficient, timely, accurate and professional manner;
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts and regulatory reporting;
- The reconciliation of transactions accurately and in accordance with agreed timescales on control reconciliations;
- Actively follow up on outstanding reconciling items held on control reconciliations; and
- The maintenance of daily and monthly procedures and controls within the department.
- Have or be working towards an accounting qualification (AAT / CAT / ACCA);
- Experience with accrual accounting and variance analysis;
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience of using SUN or a similar accounting package;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines;
- A flexible and adaptable attitude;
- Good problem solving skills; and Good team working skills.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience working within a similar role in a Financial Services company
- A good understanding of reconciliation processes
- An understanding of transactions during the lifetime of an insurance / investment policy.
Expires: 31/08/2018Submit CV